Speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 forms of verb, Base form, Past Simple, & Past Participle form of speed verb is given below.
Speed is one of the most asked verb forms in school exams. Students are asked many times what are the verb forms of speed. Speed is the verb which is used in our daily life a lot; we use when we travel, when we play games and when we do something. That’s why it becomes very important for us to know the speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 verb forms.
Let me tell you something important about speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 forms. So, speed is an irregular verb which means it does not follow the basic rule of verb forms. It means, in general we add ‘ed’ in V2 V3 forms of any verb but in the case of speed it is not, as it is an irregular verb.
Now, let’s see the meaning of speed, past tense of speed, speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 forms, speed verb forms, past simple of speed, past participle of speed, and many more….Let’s get started.
Meaning of the speed
- Amount of time taken in doing something.
- Rate of doing something.
- Moving quickly or slowly.
Speed V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 – V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 forms of speed
Speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 forms of verb, Base form, Past Simple, & Past Participle form of speed……
|V1: Base Form:- (Infinitive)||Speed|
|V2: Past Simple||Sped|
|V3: Past Participle||Sped|
|V4: 3rd Person (Singular)||Speeds|
|V5: Present Participle (Gerund)||Speeding|
Read more past tense of some other verbs:-
- Beseech verb forms -V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Bid verb forms -V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Hold verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Hurl verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Host verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Receive verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Remain verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Rent verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Verb forms of fly – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
- Format verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5
Now let’s talk about speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 verb forms in detail with some examples…..
V1 of speed verb (base form/infinitive of speed verb)
- First form of the speed verb is speed. It means, speed is the base or first form of the verb speed.
- Example:- Speed of this car is very high.
- Example:- Don’t speed the bike to 60KMPH.
V2 of speed verb (past simple of speed verb)
- Second form of speed verb is sped. It means, sped is the second form of verb speed.
- Example:- He sped the car to 100KMPH.
- Example:- She sped the car.
V3 of speed verb (past participle of speed verb)
- Third form of speed verb is sped. It means, sped is the third form of verb speed.
- Example:- I have sped the car to reach my college.
- Example:- She has sped her working.
V4 of speed verb (3rd Person of speed verb)
- Fourth form of the verb speed is speeds. It means, speeds is the fourth form of verb speed.
- Example:- He speeds the car.
- Example:- She speeds the car.
V5 of speed verb (Present participle/Gerund of verb speed)
- Fifth form of speed verb is speeding. It means, speeding is the fifth form of verb speed.
- Example:- I am speeding the car.
- Example:- She is speeding the car.
This was all about speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 verb forms, speed verb forms, past simple of speed, past participle of speed, and many more….Now let’s talk about speed synonyms and antonyms.
These are speed synonyms…..
- Slowness (if speed is less)
- Lateness (if someone/something is being late)
Read more past tense of some other verbs:-
- Past tense of gain weight – Past participle of gain weight
- Coo v1 v2 v3, Past Simple and Past Participle Form of coo
- Leap verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5- Conjugation
- Hurry verb forms – V1, V2, V3, V4, V5- Conjugation
- Identify v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 – Past simple & past participle of identify
- Correspond v1 v2 v3, Past Simple and Past Participle Form of Correspond
- Ignore v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 – Past simple & Past participle of ignore
- Apologize V1 V2 V3 V4 V5 – Past simple & Past participle of Apologize
So this was all about speed verb forms v1 v2 v3 v4 v5. We hope now you know the verb forms of speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5.
Important information about speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5
Sometimes before, verb forms of speed was not as we discussed. It was like V1=speed, V2=speeded and V3=speeded but nowadays it is not accepted because it has been changed. It is considered as wrong in modern english.
Nowadays, the table I have shown you above is accepted and followed according to the modern english. It is completely correct and if in your exam Verb forms of speed or speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 will be asked then you will answer according to the table.
Tips:- Don’t follow V1=speed, V2=speeded and V3=speeded as it is considered wrong nowadays. Follow what we have shown you in the above table.
Now let’s talk about verb forms of some other popular verbs as they are frequently asked in exams. Many students don’t answer irregular verbs or do something wrong as they don’t learn it because they find it hard. But it is not, let’s try out some more irregular verb forms.
Verb forms of some popular irregular verbs.
Now, as we all know, many students find irregular verbs very difficult to learn and use. But believe me it is not, the reason behind that you find it hard is it is not based on the general rule of verb forms.
In case of speed it is also there. But now I am going to tell you some more verb forms of other irregular verbs. Here we go…….
|V1 (Base Form)||V2 (Past Simple)||V3 (Past Participle)|
You can learn this table and after that you will be able to answer all the irregular verb forms.
Speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5 FAQs
Past tense of speed?
Past tense of speed is sped.
Past participle of speed?
Past participle of speed is sped.
Is speed an irregular or regular verb?
Yes, speed is an irregular verb. It doesn’t follow the basic or regular rule of verbs and its forms.
What is speed v1 v2 v3 v4 v5?
V1 of speed is speed, V2 of speed is sped, V3 of speed is sped, V4 of speed is speeds and V5 of speed is speeding.